Thursday, 1 August 2013

Well, here I am starting a blog. It is something I have wanted to do for an age but have been lacking the motivation and the courage to start. Just a word of warning to anyone: this blog is going to be filled with absolute rubbish straight from my mind. If anyone actually begins to read my blog (first I'd be astounded but then)... well, I think you should probably run or click far away.

This will be filled with the ramblings of my small mind. With anything and everything I can think of just for the sake of writing something. I haven't done much online writing before, hell, I only post once every fortnight on Facebook and I am waaaay too scared of the hordes on Youtube waiting to tear me apart if I misspell one single word. I guess the reason I don't do much online writing is because I am terrified of being judged. But obviously that's all going to change with this new blog that nobody will ever read! Hooray! Now my writing will be on the internet to be judged by my unlucky wanderer who happens to click on my blog. Sigh, it's for the best really. I need to practice my writing for my writing major and hopefully with a lot of practice and hard work it will slowly get better.

How about I talk about myself. No? You don't want to here it? WELL TOO BAD! I'm on too much of a role now to stop! RANDOM FACTS:

I have red hair, but was strangely never teased about it. I live on a mountain. I love fantasy and 'young adult' fiction. I was a massive (new) Doctor Who fan until this last season (which I found kinda terrible). I like going to uni and attending lectures. I don't like writing assignments (let's face it, who does?). I have not had a proper boyfriend which kinda makes me feel a bit foreveralone. I love drawing and sketching although I am actually terrible at it (this is not one of those actually-really-awesome-artist-who-thinks-they-are-shit moments either, I really am terrible at art). And, last but not least, I can involuntarily move my big toe and third toe at the same time without any of the other toes moving (everyone thinks I'm a little bit weird).

To finish off this monumental First Blog Post I will say that I am actually in bed sick and at this hour should probably be asleep. Also, I just finished Terry Pratchett and Steven Baxter's new novel 'The Long War' and I must say it was awesome. *Spoiler* it didn't actually contain a war (which I was slightly disappointed by) but the sheer brilliance of the concept of a Long Earth does not disappoint in any way and continues to amaze me (also the characters are as awesome as ever!). Well, I think that is enough.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment