Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Sam Bowring is Fucking Awesome!

Well, he is!

I just finished reading Prophecy's Ruin which is the first book in the Broken Well Trilogy and my god is it amazing.

The plot twists and turns like nothing else! He is a total master of plot twists. I suppose I'm not exactly the most adapt at predicting what will happen in books and i have to admit that I'm pretty oblivious to anything until it actually happens so I'm pretty much like 'SAY WHAT!?!?!?!' to most twist in books...

What I'm trying to say though is that the twist towards the end of this first book was incredible. I was crying and screaming silently inside (because I was reading it on the train and was trying not to show much emotion because people look at me weird) and all I wanted to do was throw the book across the room and pray for a better world. But then the other twist came and I looked up and breathed out the biggest sigh of relief ever.

And this is just the first book!

I'm desperately trying to not read spoilers online before I go and buy the other two books tomorrow.

Also, if you read this and haven't read Bowring's Strange Threads Duology (The Legacy of Lord Regret and The Lord of Lies) away with you! Go and buy them both at your nearest bookshop. Don't make the mistake I did and only buy the first book and spend the next week in misery and an itching state of tension because I didn't have the second book. (I totally would have gone to the shops and bought it if I didn't live on a mountain 1 hours drive away from a reasonable bookshop and no car) I was that desperate to read it I bought a copy of The Lord of Lies on itunes and I hate with a passion reading novels off a screen. But I read it in like, 6 hours. Yeah, it's an amazing series. I then went and bought the physical copies and read them through a second time.





I'm a tad freakish when it comes to books I love. I re-read pretty much every book i own with alarming regularity. I also have a thing where I read every book in a series just before the new one comes out. I'm about to start re-reading the entire Skulduggery Pleasant series (7 books) in preparation for the new book (September 2nd cannot come fast enough). Mind you, when the time comes I'll write a post for Skulduggery because those books are very close to my heart.

Anyways, I pretty much wrote this post because I'm procrastinating. Yeah, I have an assignment due tomorrow that I haven't even written and intro for yet. Oops...

Just make sure you read Sam Bowring because holy shit he is an amazing writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment